Sweatshop Movement offers a unique and important scholarship program for young dancers in need. We are committed to getting kids dancing across the GLOBE, but that starts with the first step right here at home in Wisconsin.
Current SWEAT Scholarship information is only distributed to current enrolled students. Scholarships are only available for students who enroll for the full season, and have a high attendance & participation rate at classes. If your family is interested in applying to our scholarship program, your dancer should be currently enrolled on one of our teams, and have completed the full audition process. If you meet the criteria, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of our Scholarship Application packet, or you are welcomed to ask us at your first class! SWEAT Scholarships for the 2020-21 Season will be issued on a first-come first-serve basis, by request only. Any dancers interested in a scholarship should reach out via one of the methods described above.
To help you prepare, we will need you to provide several items to us along with your Application in order to be considered for a scholarship for the current Dance Season.
These items include, but are not limited to:
• A full copy of Last Year’s Federal Income Tax Returns
• Copies of recent paystubs or similar verification of wages, compensation, and other income
• Current Student grade report or transcript
• Written statements about your dancers background in dance
• Written statement from your dancer about their interest in starting or continuing their dance training with our program
Other important details about our Scholarship Application Process:
• 25%, 50% & 75% scholarships may be awarded and decisions are based on financial need and availability of funding.
• Scholarship Partial Matching: For each scholarship awarded, the student is required to fundraise to match at least 50% of the total amount of their scholarship. (i.e. if you are scholarshipped $250, you must fundraise at least $125 towards our Scholarship program, ythrough one of our scheduled season fundraisers or through donation. Please discuss any fundraising efforts with us. We have suggestions, too!)
• Applicants must reapply with each new season; financial assistance is not automatically renewed.
• Applicants will be notified by email or phone (unless otherwise requested) regarding the status of their application. Please expect at least a 6-8 week turnaround before a decision is made.
• Costume costs, Competition Fees and other external season purchases are not included in the Scholarship award. The Scholarship Award is for tuition only.
• Please Note: Applications are due within 30 days of request to be processed for the full potential scholarship amount. Incomplete applications will not be processed or reviewed. A completed application does not guarantee that a scholarship will be awarded, but an incomplete application will never be viewed.