RACINE: Hip Hop Crews
COMPETITIVE HIP HOP CREWS
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING AUDITIONS FOR OUR HIP HOP PROGRAM!
Join our premier teams featuring award-winning instructors and choreographers, and a strong program of TRUE HIP HOP, promoting discipline, positivity, empowerment, academics, sportsmanship and commitment. Our Hip Hop teams focus on styles of choreography, bucking, footwork, popping, tutting, smooth-style and more, along with tumbling and various tricks and skills. We train for competition year round and last season won 1st place in our division at Monsters A-List Chicago, advancing to compete at the International Monster of Hip Hop Summer Virtual Finale in July 2020, where we AGAIN placed 1st in our division and also took home the “Entertainment Award” for the entire competition!
This isn’t your basic basement team, this is a true competitive team made up of focused and persistent youth who want to work hard, shine, & SWEAT ALL DAY!
> > > COMPETITIVE HIP HOP CREWS PROGRAM < < <
DROPS • Age: K5-2nd Grade
—> Fridays • 4:00-5:30pm
–> Must attend 3 practices in a row to be considered a part of our team for any performances or competitions
SQUAD • Age: 6th-8th Grade • ALL 3 Days REQUIRED
—> Tuesday November 17th • 6:00-8:00pm • Learning Workshop
—> Thursday, November 19th • 6:00-8:00pm • Learning Workshop
—> Tuesday, November 24th • 6:00-8:00pm • Review & Auditions
SHORTIES • Age: 3rd-5th Grade • ALL 3 Days REQUIRED
—> Tuesday November 17th • 4:30-6pm • Learning Workshop
—> Thursday, November 19th • 4:30-6pm • Learning Workshop
—> Tuesday, November 24th • 4:30-6pm • Review & Auditions
CREW • Age: 9th Grade to Adult • ALL 3 Days REQUIRED
—> Monday November 30th • 6:00-8:00pm • Learning Workshop
—> Wednesday, December 2nd • 6:00-8:00pm • Learning Workshop
—> Monday, December 7th • 6:00-8:00pm • Review & Auditions
> > > AUDITION REQUIREMENTS! < < <
Details & Info Packets will be distributed at the first day of auditions & full team details will be distributed at our first team parent mtg.
—> $10 Audition Registration Fee for new dancers
—> Register for auditions at www.sweat-move.org/register/ between NOW & your Review & Audition Day
—> Complete a copy of our ONLINE tryout packet (details distributed at tryouts) This includes the packet, your 1st Quarter report card, your personal statement, & more… missing documents = ineligible
—> Attend ALL THREE days listed above
—> You will be contacted the Friday after Thanksgiving to let you know your placement on one of our teams!
> > > IMPORTANT PROGRAM & PRACTICE INFO! < < <
– Hip Hop dancers will be placed on one of 4 teams, based on age, ability and score
– After auditions are complete, our Hip Hop classes will resume on November 30th & run through the end of April, possibly longer, depending on competitive options
– Your first tuition Payment will be due on December 1st
– SWEAT HIP HOP teams compete and perform approx. once a month sometimes more. Teams will compete in approximately 5-10 performances and events per season, depending on age, availability and cost, including the esteemed Monsters A-List Hip Hop Convention and Competition in Chicago, IL (. COVID-19 currently has all performance and competitive opportunities on hold
– send us a text or a Facebook message with any questions about our auditions or teams